The 21st Century Prerequisite-PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Dr. Ipshita Basu Guha/ SME WORLD Seminary Jun 2012
What is the common underlying factor in all the following examples?
- A flyover construction undertaken by a city's municipality corporation
- Setting up a power plant for electricity generation
- Launch of a new product/ brand by a FMCG or Pharmaceutical Company
- Implementation of ERP in an Enterprise
- Expansion of a marketing territory by any company
- Kaizen improvements within a company
- Setting up an Enterprise
The result and successful execution of all the above depend on efficient Project Management though with varied levels of complexity.
Project Management is the subject that deals with initiating, planning, scheduling, organizing, allocating, controlling, optimizing and managing resources (raw materials, manpower, money) to achieve explicit goals and objectives (also known as project deliverables) within a stipulated period of time.
Published in SME WORLD Seminary June 2012 for Alleem Business Congress
Click Here to Read